Thursday, June 17, 2010

Soooo I'm staying in MN for about a month with some grand friends of mine, just outside of The Twin Cities. I've been to the Mall of America once before, but Sarah and I took ALL day yesterday to scour the mall top to bottom. I didn't have my camera with me, but my handy dandy iPhone was present, as is the usual, so I decided to document pieces of the day and share. Enjoy!

Photobucket

Photobucket
our first order of business: fuel up. I ended up having 4 of these delicious iced coffees throughout the course of the day. It's not my fault they're only 54 cents per refill and flavor is free.

Photobucket
We got there just as the mall was opening, so there weren't many people. The theme park was certainly a ghost town early on - kind of cool.

Photobucket
Yes, we are at the largest mall in the US, yes this is the first store we graced, and yes, reading material was indeed purchased :) (though People Mag was not, as was intended, b/c they didn't feel the need to carry the latest issue, which had a great photography article in it I was looking forward to - just sayin')

Photobucket
documentation of my high disapproval of Sarah's purchasing a Sparks novel. Dear John, no doubt. Forgive me, he's not a favorite, by any means.

Photobucket
We did not go here today, but to all my fellow southerners, if you've never been to a Caribou Coffee, get on a plane and find one. They're kickbutt!

Photobucket
I was entirely excited about the mall yes, but a leading motive of mine, apart from spending time with my dear Sarah, was to enter the doors of this gallery once more. I may've peed my pants a little when I saw it. Photographers, if you're not familiar with Rodney Lough Jr.'s work, check him out. Amazing stuff, to say the least. http://www.rodneyloughjr.com/

Photobucket
Apple Stores aren't in high quantity in SC, so to find one was fun. I got to try my hand at an iPad. Nifty little thing!!

Photobucket
such a trip wouldn't be complete without a quick duck into a Disney store.
One of my favorite Toy Story characters. We share a name. We share many traits. this chick knows what's going on.

Photobucket
Cue kid-in-candy-store exclamation from Jessie...which embarrassed friend, Sarah, I'm sure.

Photobucket
colors colors colors!!

Photobucket
One thing I'd never had the pleasure of experiencing before my first MofA trip was...dun dun dun - Ragstock. fell in love, as was expected. My brothers call me a hippie. I don't entirely agree, but I did find a crazy great dress for $6 on this rack and then saw the sign up top. made me laugh.

Photobucket
in the course of the day, we stopped in to see a movie (in the mall theater, which, incidentally has it's own floor, yes. [maybe this is not very fascinating to anyone but me]). Killers. GREAT movie. you should see it!

Photobucket
I personally didn't think this looked anything like Marilyn.

Random.

Photobucket
what kind of day would it be without at least one bathroom pose, hmmm?

Photobucket
what kind of day would it be without at least one odd Magiquest mirror pose, hmmm?

Photobucket
I kind of thought this looked like Dora was trying to take down the ferris wheel, which made me laugh (again, maybe this is just me).

Photobucket
I got a bit loud when I found this shirt. Would've gotten it, but miss thing didn't know where the proceeds would go. eh.

Photobucket
People-watching definitely took place - what better place to do it!? It's my favorite.

Photobucket

There you have it, a random, odd, slightly pointless post of my massive mall day. The mall itself was grand. fun. etc. But the smaller things were better.

Like my laughing hysterically at the mall cop on the little stand-up roll-y scooter thing, and Sarah looking around like she didn't know me while I attempted to stealthily run after him to get a picture (I failed).

And then Sarah's little episode in the theater..... alls I can say is "AHHH! it tastes like poison!!!!" great laughs were had.



love to all.

2 comments:

  1. Several comments:

    A) While I've never been into a Caribou Coffee, they make coffee for our Keurig, so I've had it and agree that it's awesome.

    B) There's an Apple store opening in Haywood Mall. Yet another reason for you to come to Greenville more often.

    C) No, it doesn't look like Marilyn.

    D) Yes, Dora is an evil Ferris-wheel-attacking girl.

    E) I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Great starting point--the good ol' BN.

    2. My sincerest appreciation for expressing your displeasure concerning Sarah's choice of reading material. Sparks=BLEH!

    3. I would've squealed over the Lego store, too.

    4. Killers WAS a great movie!

    ReplyDelete